ubcFLOW biosafety policy: September 2014
- All users must have the ubcFLOW facility listed on their biosafety certificate.
- We assume that all samples are Class 1/2 biohazard, but we need to be informed of any biosafety issue that we need to be aware of for special decontamination.
- All users of the facility must attend a training session held monthly by the facility staff
- All Principle Investigators whose lab uses the ubcFLOW facility are responsible for ensuring that their studenst have attended a training session and are aware of the biosafety rules and SOP.
- All samples brought into the facility must be enclosed within a double boxed container to prevent spills, as outline by UBC Biosafety policy.
- All sample waste must be removed from the ubcFLOW facility, with the exception of the liquid waste analysed by the instrument; the ubcFLOW staff will handle this.